Author: Shawnee Summer
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1 jar Prego Traditional Tomato Sauce (24 ounce)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped*
- 1 cup sliced crimini or white mushrooms
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles*
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated or thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, saute olive oil, onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, and Prego Sauce. Simmer on low heat.
- in a medium bowl stir the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan, and parsley.
- Place a single layer of noodles in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Spread with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the sauce mixture, and half of the mozzarella. Place a second layer of noodles and repeat the remaining layers.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till heated through. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Notes: *Can use fresh or frozen (thawed) spinach.* I use no-cook lasagna noodles. Interestingly, the brand that I have found to work best is Great Value (Walmart brand)