I took a trip to Eugene in December. What a great way to spend a long weekend! Staying at the Excelsior Inn was a great choice. It is located on a street with a “downtown village” feel and is walkable to a great used bookstore and several restaurants. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere of the Excelsior Bistro so much that we ate there 2 of the 3 nights of our stay.
We greeted each morning by eating breakfast in the bistro at a fireside table overlooking the inn’s lovely courtyard, then filled our days exploring the city.
Some of my favorite Eugene Must Do’s include:
- visiting The Beanery for a great cup of coffee
- enjoying the food and atmosphere at Cafe Zenon(lots of windows looking out on an adorable tree-lined street)
- having bite to eat at the 5th Street Market
- browsing books at the Smith Family Book Stores
- exploring local galleries and venues if you’re in town for a First Friday Art Walk