Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts and Nutmeg
Author: Shawnee Summer
- 3 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup ready-cooked chestnuts from a jar, can, or package. (If chestnuts are not available, walnuts work well as a substitute)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, adding salt once it boils.
- Cut the stalk-end off the sprouts. Boil spouts for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Chop the chestnuts in half.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan then add chestnuts, cooked sprouts, salt, and pepper.
- Cook till warmed through, approx 3 minutes.